Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Cherishing A Gift Forever!


For my final post I would like to discuss a tradition my family has been adopting for the Holidays over the past few years. Traditionally we would always purchase each other’s gifts brand new from a department store. However, a few years ago my brothers and I decided to purchase my mother a very exquisite “lady’s head vase.” She had mentioned how much she liked this particular vase and if you don’t remember from my post on this topic back in September, most of these vases are quite expensive. This was the first year we gave a gift that wasn’t “brand new” from a department store. It opened our eyes to a whole new experience in gift giving. That year my mother was happy more with her lady’s head vase than anything we could have got her brand new. When guests come to my parent’s home she always points out that her favorite Christmas gift is the vase we got her. 

This new tradition has helped remind my family that it’s not the gift, instead the thought that counts. Now keep in mind not all of our gifts come from vintage/antique shops, however when we find something that one of us will love it usually makes for the perfect gift. My parents in particular adore these kinds of gifts because they are very sentimental, cherishing every moment with our family and pieces that hold fond memories. Great places to find unique items for a gift are antique shops, flea markets, vintage shops, or online. 

To everyone who has read my blog for this semester of class I appreciate your visits and comments. From my family to yours “Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays!”
-Jennifer

3 comments:

  1. Thank you, but I think you are short one post. It was awesome to read all the history of different glasswares and figurines this semester. I think my favorite post was about the books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I accidently posted this one first and forgot my map...silly me. But I noticed it this morning and got it all up there. Thanks for noticing though and commenting...I would have been sad to have lost points because I forgot something. I'm glad my blog didn't bore you too much...and I'm glad you like the one about books...I am just now starting to enjoy shopping for books and looking for all the different things collector's look for. But I try not to buy too many as some day I'm sure I will inherent my father's library...and will have so many I won't know what to do with ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was about to say the same as Kara but then realized you still do have another post! Haha. I think it's great that you put a lot of effort into thinking about the gifts you buy! I love doing that too. Individualized gifts are so much more fun!

    ReplyDelete